We proudly announce the American Hotel & Lodging Association’s publication of the first-of-its kind Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Guide for Lodging Owners and Operators, authored by Minh N. Vu with contributions from Karen Stephenson, Kristina Launey, and Laura Robinson. The AH&LA developed this comprehensive, 80-page, guide to provide owners and operators of places of lodging with an overview of Title III of the ADA and the recent regulatory changes that impact their facilities and operations. Among the many topics the Guide covers are:
- Ensuring that facilities are physically accessible to individuals with disabilities;
- Reasonable modifications to policies, practices, and procedures as necessary to ensure that individuals with disabilities have access to the goods, services, facilities, and amenities that the lodging facility offers;
- Provision of auxiliary aids and services as necessary, and at no additional charge, to ensure that individuals with disabilities have access to the goods, services, facilities, and amenities that the lodging facility offers;
- Maintaining a facility’s accessible features; and
- Ensuring facility employees to know how to interact with individuals with disabilities.
The guide is available both in print and electronic format.
AH&LA members may download the electronic version of the guide for free and purchase the hard copy at a discounted rate.